Monday 17 February 2014

Scrap Happy

Today, I realized something.


I am becoming over-run with fabric scraps! Pretty, pretty scraps. It's kind of exciting actually.

January marked my first full year of quilting! I'm sure any quilter who's been in the game for more than a year will think me crazy for being excited about scraps.


But with the 5 quilts, and other projects i've completed this year (plus the 4 quilts in progress), I have a pretty decent selection of colourful scrappy goodness.


And this awesome quilt pattern is the lucky winner for how those scraps will be put to cozy good use. Feathers by Alisson Glass can be found here, or here, as well as her new fabric line, Sun Print here, that I have been so tempting to snatch up (especially the feathers). I love how the bright colours contrast with the grey, so my version will probably be similar in that way. This quilt pattern requires paper piecing, which i've never done before. I am looking forward to learning this new skill! It's supposed to be great for accuracy.



I also have this fairly new stack of solids that i'm itching to use. Maybe I'll slip some in those feathers :)




Eryn




No comments:

Post a Comment