Wednesday 12 February 2014

Traill's Chevron Forest

Last week was a busy one, but I did manage to squeeze in some sewing and baking here and there. Here are some snippits of what I was up to last week!


The chevron forest quilt that I showed you in this post for my friends baby is finally finished! Some late night stitching allowed me to get the binding all finished!


The yellow chevron is so cute for the binding! I decided to quilt with a nice yellow thread 1/4" from seams to bring out the chevron. Keeping the quilting nice and lose like this, in addition to the super soft minky back makes for one floppy baby quilt!


Look at that cutie down there! The quilt finished at 35" x 55". Big enough he can enjoy it for years to come.


As a little treat I made some Oatmeal Raisin cookies. De-Lish!


I started whipping up some cute wash cloths for baby or general use...


I'll be selling them in sets of 3 or 4 in my Etsy shop that i'm in the process of setting up. As soon as it's ready i'll make sure to link it up here so you can get some!


They are backed with a nice fuzzy Chenille cotton that make them nice a thick. Great for cleaning the wee-ones, personal use, dishes, you name it!


And last but not least, R2D2...


The applique stage is almost done thanks to late night-the baby's asleep-tv watching stitching! Next step will be adding embroidery to make everything pop. So excited to see this little guy come together!


Until next time (which hopefully won't be so long),

Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment