Wednesday 9 April 2014

Spring is in the Air

I'm alive!! Hard to believe, I know. So...um...where did the last 3 weeks go!? It's been nutso here with a teething baby, back to back days of fevers, clingy baby, clingy baby, hosting seminar, etc. The clingy, teething baby has really what's kept my hands full. And off the sewing machine. And pretty minimal in the kitchen.

BUT I'M BACK! And with this pretty baby too.


No more (or very few) cell phone pictures here! Plus, with Spring just around the corner comes more sun and better lighting. Seriously....it's so difficult to take nice photos with no sunlight. Thanks winter.


While I couldn't get to my sewing machine these last few weeks, I gave in and cut up this cute fat quarter set I bought a while back. It's Honky Tonk by Moda.


I decided to go with a simple block quilt so it would come together quickly. I got all the fabric cut up during nap time.


And planned the layout during a short sleep session late at night when Fin was feverish...no sleep that night. (So please excuse the late night cell phone photo)


Look at R2D2!! (and the cute sleeping baby in the corner)


I've been making great progress with the embroidery this week.


So pleased with how it's coming out. Colin and I can't decide who's more excited to see this quilt finished.


The warmer weather this week sent me out on a walk with Fin. And I ended up at my local fabric shop, Fabrications. It's such a cute shop, and they always have different stuff when I go.


Apparently when I got there Spring was on my mind. I didn't really notice until I got home how Easter-y they are. But I love them. They're so fresh.


It's rare that i'm drawn to low volume prints, but these were too cute to pass up.


I think these little bunnies are my favourite. Cute bunnies, plus gorgeous aqua with charcoal grey. Pretty!

Hop little bunny. Hop!


Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment