Monday 21 April 2014

Feathers + Banana Bread Muffins

Guys, I've got the sewing itch. Bad. So little has been done this month. It's all I want to do, but I have so little time. And the time I do have is when Fin is sleeping, so I cannot use the sewing machine. I'm going to have to find a solution. And soon! Or I just might lose it.

Now on a positive sewing note...


I have managed to sew up a few blocks for my Scrappy Feathers Quilt.

I've been day dreaming and brainstorming for the back...and it's making me even more anxious to see this quilt done!

****

So, sad new is the lack of sewing lately. The good news, is that I have been in the kitchen! I finally bit the bullet and used my Banana Bread recipe to make Banana Bread Muffins.


They came out just as amazing as the bread does!
Moist, light & fluffy.


I might love the muffins even more for their portability. It's really nice to have a healthy snack that I can just grab and go.


Banana Bread Muffins

5 very ripe bananas, frozen then thawed
2 large eggs
1/2 cup softened coconut oil
2 cups Gluten Free All purpose flour*
1/2 cup Muscavado sugar (coconut sugar works nicely as well)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum

Optional add ins:
1/2 cup Chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, etc.

*Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease your muffin pan (or line with muffin cups...that's what I do)
*Mix the bananas, eggs and coconut oil on medium speed in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 or 2 minutes. This will help make the bread rise nice and high. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can try using a hand mixer!
*Add in the flour, sugar, baking soda & xanthan gum. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined. Scrape down sides if needed. Add any additional ingredients (like chocolate chips or walnuts, yum!).
*Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
*Bake for about 30 minutes on the middle rack. Use a toothpick to test the center. If some batter comes up with the toothpick, bake for another 5 minutes and check again.
*Transfer to a wire rack to let cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment