Friday 17 January 2014

This and That

I'm very excited to be almost done the Chevron Forest quilt! I was really hoping to be done by now, but I hit some snags in the quilting process and am still doing a bunch of stitch ripping.
Luckily, the stitch ripping almost done and then I can wrap it up with the binding!

Aside from having a teething baby on my hands, I managed to get a good start on my Mei Tai for Fin!
All the pieces are cut out and the two shoulder straps are done! I didn't take in progress pictures since they were finished late last night and the photos would have been no good, so I'll be sure to get some for you next time.

The project next in line is to finally finish Colin's Star Wars quilt!
Sorry for the night time photo (I told you, no good!), but here is my R2D2 so far. So many little pieces to applique on! Once that's done, I'll be outlining them in embroidery. So.Much.Embroidery. But it'll all be worth it. Oh yes. 

I have the front and back pieced...
And the embroidery on the back is almost done. Oh I can't wait to get this puppy together!

Another thing i'm pretty excited about is this...
Kombucha! It's been ages since I've done a batch and my stock is just about empty. It's fermenting a little slow due to the colder weather, but it's making some good progress (especially since my scoby was a little old).

Check in next time and I will have directions and tips for making Kombucha yourself!







No comments:

Post a Comment