Saturday 4 January 2014

Chevron Forest

Another week just flew by! Did anyone else catch it? I sure didn't.

Today I am happy to share a finish with you! Well a quilt top, but i'm counting it!
My best friend had her first baby just before Christmas! A boy! She asked me to make a quilt for her new little squish so we picked out fabrics to match the nursery, which is a really cute forest theme.

The fabrics we chose (from left to right) are Riley Blake Camp a Lot Firewood Chocolate, Kona Solids Lime & Green Tea,  Riley Blake Camp a Lot Chevron Yellow, and Kona Solid White.

On a side note, can I just say how cute the Camp a Lot line is? I definitely need to snatch up some of it before it starts selling out. I really want to get the panel and then make a quilt we can take camping and use around the camp fire!
This is my first chevron quilt and I'm really happy with how it's coming along so far.  I have the binding all cut up, so hopefully tonight I can finish that tonight. It's going to be so lovely backed with some Dimple dot Minky in a nice chocolate brown. Would it be too ambitious to try and get it basted tonight as well?

(sleep Fin, sleep!)

Alrighty folks, back to the sewing machine while Fin's still napping!

Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment