Sunday 4 May 2014

May the Fourth be With You

I'm squeeking in the Star Wars celebration just in time! And this is what happened tonight:


Tonight Colin and I honoured the great Star Wars by watching Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back. It was one that I still hadn't seen (what!?), and is Colin's favourite. Win-win right?

 

An extra bonus for me was getting some more work done on R2D2. It's still a slow, slow progress, but progress none the less. As many of you might know, Yoda makes his appearance in Episode 5. And now I really want to make a Yoda quilt! One at a time though...i'll add it to the (already too long) list.


I had my Little Blue Birds to keep me cozy for the movie/sewing time too. I love this quilt. It was the second quilt I ever made (last spring - my first was for my soon to be born Nephew). It's just barely big enough for myself as a lap quilt and I backed it in a super soft Chocolate dimple dot minky. I'll post more on it later, and have more photos too!

*****


So three just weeks came...and then went. Far to fast. Again. I've been dabbling in a few different projects (besides the loads to do with Real Nutrition), and wanted to make sure I keep you guys in the loop!

On the way I will have a DIY Wall Hanging Herb Garden AND a tutorial on how to make Fabric Bin Liners. I promise you won't have to wait another three weeks for them either. This mama is trying desperately to get organized (and get energy).

 

This past week we had a really nice day (yes a nice day), so I took Fin for a walk to the Arboretum. He had a blast crawling around and playing with the grass.

 



I got pretty excited to see that all the trees are blooming! Every year it amazes me how fast all the trees bloom and then bam! Everything is green and fresh and summery.
 



This kid makes my heart melt.


See you soon with a DIY project and a tutorial!


Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment