Monday 12 May 2014

A Honky Tonk Mother's Day

A big Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! I hope you all had a great, relaxing day. I sure did! First, Fin let me sleep in. Then Colin made me breakfast in bed (which Fin proceeded to steal from me asked me to share with him) and took Fin with him to brunch and a hike with his family.


I got to sew for the first time in ages. Like really sew. Not just a quick 2 minute session - a great 3 hour session!


It was fantastic. And relaxing.


And delicious. I made the best smoothie ever.


And now, I present Honky Tonk! Well, Honky Tonk quilt top. I'm calling that a win though!


It wasn't that long ago I gave you guys a sneak peak of it here back when I had just cut up the cute fabric by Moda. You can find Honky Tonk herehere, and on clearance here.


On a side note, this sucker was crazy hard to photograph today! It was a gorgeous and sunny day, but insanely windy. Since I was alone, I had no one to hold it up. Pretty much everywhere it was set down it tried to blow away.


Even though this week crazy busy, I'm really hoping to at least get it basted. It's a nice baby sized quilt, so that shouldn't be too hard. Right?


But I need your help! I actually have 3 perfect options for backing and I can't decide!


The minky would make it nice and cuddly for the sweet baby this will end up with (it will be in my shop once finished), but the green or coral will be much easier to work with when quilting. So please, leave a comment and tell me what you think would look best!


Be back soon with the promised DIY herb garden, Fabric bin liner tutorial, and 5 minute pants patch tutorial!

Eryn

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a great day! I would vote for the beige one Eryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, and just what I needed!

      Thanks for the Vote! With the votes I got on facebook, it looks like there is a tie between the Green and Coral. A tie-breaker is needed! haha

      Delete