Saturday 21 December 2013

In the works

Since I spent the last post introducing myself, I thought today I'd show you a few of the many, many projects I currently have in the works.To give you an idea of how many 'many' is, I keep a list in my sewing space to help me keep track and not forget any!

The list on the right are projects I've started, the left are ones I want to star (but won't let myself until I whittle down the started pile).

So right now the projects I'm focusing on getting finished are some Christmas presents for my sister: a travel change pad and some suck pads for her soft structure baby carrier.

This is the start of the change pad. It's actually almost done...well would have been. As you can see, the minky is working against me with this project. I didn't pin it enough before sewing so it stretched as I sewed and now the corners curl up. So tonight will be spent ripping out the stitches and fixing it. Grr. I'll make sure to post some pictures of it once it's finished!

My sister asked me to make these sucks pads for the straps of her Ergo (a baby carrier). They are so close to done! All that's left is to stitch on the snaps on. I've made these for myself before, but this time I added the ribbon tabs for attaching toys or pacifiers (or just for baby play). I love how these turned out, and they're so easy to make!
 I haven't thought of a clever name for this quilt yet, so lets call is the Pink & Green quilt. I started this quilt before Fin was born....so sometime in April or May! I made a lot of progress really quick, then started quilting it...and the bobbin ran out...and I never re-loaded it. How's that for lazy! But I'd really like to use this as a lap quilt during the cold winter months (this year), so I've gotta get crackin'! I'm using yellow thread for the back quilting, and coral/green quilting on the front. So far I've got most of the pink quilting done.

And last but not least, I do have one finish that I was able to do yesterday, and just in time!

Colin (the husband) and I made each others stockings our first Christmas together 6 years ago. So naturally I continued the tradition and made Fin his first Christmas stocking!


I'm mostly pleased with how it turned out, considering it was my first quilted stocking (the others are really basic and hand stitched). If I were to do it again I'll work harder to make the corners more rounded and make the cuff wider. The backing is a red velvet, the front various fabrics (off the top of my head Gnome for the Holidays and In From the Cold) and finished with a cuddly dimple dot minky in vanilla.

I can't wait so stuff it full of goodies for our little guy on his first Christmas!


Eryn

1 comment: