Saturday 28 December 2013

Organizing & Pretties

Yesterday was one of those satisfying productive days. The kind you might not often get when you have a baby.

We have a fairly small home. This means I don't have my own sewing space. It consists of a desk next to Fin's crib. Aaand then there is fabric and other crafting notions in various places around. One of those places is the cupboard attached to my wardrobe.
I finally took the time to organize all my fabrics, which is a task I have a love/hate relationship with. I love organization, and I love to get reacquainted with all the pretties in there. I hate trying to get all the different cuts to stack up nicely. For some reason I have a difficult time with this, but I still managed to make it look neat and tidy!

Speaking of pretties, I got these in the mail just before Christmas.
 I am in love with the Enchant line by Natalie Lymer. It is just too cute! I got the pink fat quarter set and once I got it in my hands I regretted not getting the whole line with the Aqua and Greens.
 With that last order I also snatched up this super cute Honky Tonky fat quater set. I love the Mustaches! I've been wanting to make a big mustache quilt like this one, or this one, and they might have to go in it.
The bottom shelf still looks kinda messy....but it is organized by project. So each stack is a work in progress (or two). The back left side is a double hourglass quilt, and the fabric for the Mei Tai baby carrier I want to make. Back right has 2 quilts in progress: Alphabet Soup & Tree of Life. That front right stack I'm pretty excited to finish up! It's an anniversary quilt for Colin. Yes, it is Star Wars. Our anniversary was in August....but I sadly wasn't able to finish it in time. It's taking a long time since there's applique and embroidery on it..and I'm slow with those because I'm a perfectionist.

When it comes to sewing, it seems my eyes are bigger than my stomach. But make that saying apply to sewing....what would that be? ....Well I've thought long enough and can't think of a new saying, ha!

Did I mention that this was all done with a baby on my back?

Be back soon with more WIPs and finshes!

Eryn


No comments:

Post a Comment